Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, January 31, 2014

Shovels

What we needed here in Harper this week was snow shovels. I don't think there was one to be found. I kind of made a little game of asking people what kind of shovels they had in their garages or barns. The types mentioned were spades (a lot of people have those), grain shovels, roofing shovels, square shovel,  and trenching shovels. One guy even had a coal shovel that he inherited from an uncle up in Pennsylvania. I think next time I go to Jackson or New Orleans I will look for a snow shovel. My having one may just keep the snow away. I'm not superstitious but after our first child we gave away our crib. After the second child we gave away that crib too, After the third child we put the crib in the attic and we didn't have any more children. I'm just saying.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment