Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Boat Repair

I just got in from repairing an old boat that's been sitting in dry dock for over a year. It's fiberglass and I didn't know much about how to go about fixing it. I fixed a lot of wood boats in my day. Finally, I sent off for a kit. I got Cletus Flemn to help me. Cletus ain't much for reading directions but he is a whiz at following any direction that's spelled out for him. We made a pretty good team. First we cut away the damaged area in a little circular move. Then we sanded everything (probably more than we needed) and wiped the area down with acetone to make sure it was clean as could be. Then we cut a piece about an inch bigger than the hole and used the special glue that came with the kit to anchor it on. We spent the rest of the day sanding. I figure we'll let it sit for several days, maybe even weeks, since the weather is a little on the cold side for fishing right now here on Harper Lake. Anyway I feel good about our day's work.


Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle
Coming soon: More Tales of Harper (an ebook on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment