Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Lonely Roads

I been watching football. But, something came up that got me out on the roads. One of Zeke Haskillton's cows got out and ended up in a ditch that had a barbed wire fence running across it. It's in what they call a precarious position; can't move to either side, straight ahead, or back up. I got a special tool that I designed to hold wire up and let the old animal have a chance to escape. I was a little upset to leave the game and told Zeke to just cut the wires and I would help him repair the fence tomorrow. He wouldn't do that because the guy who put up the fence has been feuding with Zeke for about ten years. Cutting his wires would be the spark that set off the powder keg according to Zeke. So I got out on the lonely roads on my mission. It appears just about everybody in Harper is glued to their TV sets except me and Zeke. One of the quarterbacks has Mississippi connections, doncha know?



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle
Coming soon: More Tales of Harper (an ebook on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment