Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, November 11, 2012

About Talking Good

Me and Dorothy gets along real good except she gets a little irritated about the way I talks. Like I told y'all I quit school in grade seven and one-half, but they learned me good English while I were there. I just moved away from it by talking like all the peoples I fished and hunted and whittled with. Now Dorothy graduated in English from Millsaps, what are a school for real smart peoples. So y'all can see how my talking is like fingernails running down a blackboard to her. I will say she don't correct me ever day in what I say, but I can see her lose her neck when her shoulders come up to her head ever time I talk. But I'll let y'all in on a little secret. I ain't as dumb as I talks. Like crossword puzzles. I work 'em ever day and to complete. And in ink. I knows all the states in alphabetical order. And all the capitals. I can name most of the countries in the world and their capitals. And if I wanted to I could talk good. But y'all gotta remember I'm gonna be eighty next year. If I am gonna correct things in my life it ain't gonna be talking English good.

No comments:

Post a Comment