Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

French Friend

Linus Limberger are a sorta friend of mine. We've knowed one another for forty year of more. Linus are what are called a neer-do-well. He's started up a bunch of businesses and ain't none of 'em made it. And when he's run into trouble he's always called on me to help him out of the ditch. Ain't no telling how much money I give him over the years. Last week I called him up and asked him to give me a hand collecting money for a family what has come on to bad times. I told him it wouldn't cost him no money just some of his time and it would be a big help to me if he would do it. Ever time I pass his house I see him sitting on his porch in his swing. I figured it might do him good to have something useful to do. Well, Linus told me he would be glad to help but he were real tied up thinking up a new project and didn't need to have nothing get between him and his thoughts. I guess he could tell my disappointment 'cause he said he hope his turning me down would not affect our friendship. I told him not to worry he could just be my French friend; he could call me whenever he needed something.

No comments:

Post a Comment