Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Going for the Lobster

Me and Dorothy don't go out to eat so much anymore. I reckon it's mostly on my shoulders 'cause I just hate to miss one of her home cooked meals. But last night we went to Seafood Heaven to partake of their all-you-can-eat special. The owners of Seafood Heaven come up from New Orleans after Katrina and they brung some of their decorations what they saved from the flood waters. So right over the buffet table they got a fishing net with plastic fish, clams, crabs, and one big red lobster. We was held up in line by this pretty big fellow what neither me or Dorothy didn't know. I reckon he were from out of town. He were standing there staring at the fake lobster and his mouth were drooling. I gave Dorothy a little nudge and she whispered in my ear, "He's not going to take that, is he?" Well he done it. He taken that big red plastic lobster on his plate. It were so big it knocked off a big blog of potato salad onto the floor. One of the mens behind us were upset and said kinda loud that he thought the lobster grabber were stupid. I had to set him straight. I told him the fellow might be stupid but we doesn't know that. What we does know is he is ignorant.

No comments:

Post a Comment