Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, November 30, 2012

Random Kindness

We got this fellow here (I ain't gonna give out his name 'cause he don't want me to) what does what he calls random acts of kindness. He does these things unomonously 'cause he believes if he is to be blessed for what he does he can't get no credit here on earth. How come I even knows about it all are 'cause I come upon him one day dropping a envelope into a magazine in a doctor's office. He were real embarrassed with me for seeing him do it, but I reckon he had to come clean on what he were doing since I spotted him doing it. The envelope had written on it the words: PLEASE GIVE THIS TO SOMEONE WHO NEEDS IT MORE THAN YOU DO. He said the envelope held in it a twenty dollar bill. I asked him how he would know who got it and what they done with it and if it went to a good purpose. He said that warn't his problem. He had done his duty and it were up to the Lord to follow through on the execution of his deed. This fellow felt like if he directly give the money to a needy person he would have to be credited for his goodness and this would remove any heavenly reward for his work. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment