Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Different Wives, Different Rules

Ever one of my wives had different things what was real important to them. Bethel, my first wife, were a school sweetheart. She didn't have no rules, probably should have 'cause after I come back from Korea and were feeling sorry for myself I went a little wild. After she died I married Mary Kate, a nice Catholic woman. Mary Kate needed somebody to take care of her and I needed somebody to take care of my kids. Mary Kate had lots of rules. She learned from the nuns she had went to school under how to lay down the law. I finally had to tell her I warn't following no rules what she didn't write down 'cause I couldn't keep up with so many. Mary Kate got herself run over by a streetcar in New Orleans. Trixie, my third wife, the one what run off with the tent preacher didn't worry with what I done as long as I were buying her things and taking her places. Dorothy, the sweet woman I'm married to now, ain't got buy one rule: STAY OUT OF MY KITCHEN. After Trixie run off I did a little cooking for myself. It were what you might call real creative single man cooking. Stuff Dorothy ain't about to put up with.

Hollis Note: Anyone interested in reading more about Uncle Harvey Lee's wives can look back to his posts in September 2010. Trixie's post is September 25, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment