Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, September 16, 2013

Banning Books

One of my jobs as a volunteer down at the library is to put books where they go, not just on the proper shelf but also isolating books that the head librarian deems unworthy for our little operation. I have nothing to do with the decision making and I would probably not be a good one for the job since I feel most anything should be available for those who want to partake of its contents.

Yesterday I found this book in the "return to publisher" section. The title was Hitched and Horney. Being a curious old fool I peeked inside and found it to be a guide to maintaining adherence to wedding vows in the face of a less than warm marriage partner. It seemed to me most of the burden for keeping things stable in the relationship were put on the one who was being pushed aside. The author, a woman from Seattle, is a psychologist and must know a lot about relationships, but I don't think she knows a lot about men. One chapter, The Rewards of Abstinence, pointed to me the direction of her thinking. I wrapped the book and got it ready for return, but with regret that it was not left to our readers to decide whether they want to read it.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...Seems like a guy on his 4th wife has found another solution to "maintaining adherence to wedding vows in the face of a less than warm marriage partner "

    ReplyDelete