Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Reclining My Way to Recovery

We are home. I got up at 3:30 and Dorothy got up at 3 o'clock. That's AM, folks. We arrived in Harper around 8:30 and Dorothy got to work making sandwiches; chicken salad, cucumber, and pimento cheese. I showered, redressed, and headed for my recliner. Dorothy calls it that ugly old chair and would move it out if she had her way. That ugly old chair is where I get over ordeals and hard work. It's here to stay. There will be ball games all afternoon and I hope to stay awake through most of them.

Dorothy said she might need me to move out of the den to accommodate her tea party guests. And you know what? I will. I've got a recliner and a TV down at the fishing cabin too.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

1 comment:

  1. I was going to do something today but I haven't finished doing nothing from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete