Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, September 20, 2013

Family Reunion

Tomorrow we are headed off for a family reunion, Dorothy's bunch, over in Alabama. I have been to only one, a couple of years ago. So I know the ropes. I am prepared to smile at everyone and listen to the description of who they are. Things like: this is Amanda Sue, my mother's oldest sister's youngest girl. And Harvey Lynn here is daddy's second cousin's husband. I have never understood what a second cousin twice removed means but I'll probably hear a lot of that. This is one time when being eight-one helps out. I can always fein senility and enjoy the food instead of trying real hard to figure everything out.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

1 comment:

  1. "I wish I could relate to the people I'm related too"
    Jeff Foxworthy

    ReplyDelete