Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Armadillos

One of the things we has around here what we didn't have when I were a young'n are the armadillo. They is like a cross between a reptile and a mammal. I looked 'em up in a book down at the library what are the place where I volunteer. They eats ants among other stuff. If you is driving down the road a lot of times you will come upon a armadillo, either walking or run over by a car. They is hit a lot 'cause they will jump 'bout four feet in the air if they gets scared and will jump right into the front of a oncoming car or truck. Yesterday I were talking about road kill and how this one guy knows how to cook a armadillo. He are the only one I know what will eat one. He eats squirrels, possums, and foxes. He won't eat house cats or dogs. I asked him one time why not and he said they just warn't made for eating. He won't eat horse meat neither. I reckon he made up his own kitchen rules and that's okay with me. The joke around here are that a armadillo (when they is ate) are called possum on the half-shell, like oysters doncha know?

No comments:

Post a Comment