Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, January 25, 2013

Nathan Dobbs, Today

Nathan Dobbs, the boy what were in Leslie Faye Schultze's will, are now a big man in our county. He taken the money he got and bought him a rider lawn mower. Then he taken the money he got from being able to mow more yards than before and hired a man to help. Then another and another man till he had a fleet of mens and mowers. You can't go out nowhere without seeing one of them Dobbs Yard Service mens riding over somebody's yard. Use to be ever body mowed their own yard. If they got too old or too sick then somebody in their family or from their church would do it. Not anymore. Peoples is too busy watching television and stuff to be mowing. And since we has the warmth and rain to make grass grow a lot, Nathan's mens stay real busy. I still mow my own yard even though I'm eight now and can afford to hire somebody else to do it. Maybe when I'm ninety I'll give in. Besides Hollis give me this radio thing what you can stick in your ear and listen to music while you mows. My yard are big enough for me to hear a whole opera before I'm finished. If the opera quits before I'm through I listen to a little country music. Just to even things out, doncha know?

No comments:

Post a Comment