Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Early Snow

Today I am watching football and it seems there is a lot of snow in a big part of the country. I am happy to say we have no snow here and I was thinking about how it does snow more around here than it used to. When I was young people used to say it only snowed once every seven years down here and in my 81 years I can remember only one time when it snowed before Christmas. That was just a few years ago. I am putting on a picture of what it looked like here on the lake. People around here wish for snow to fall and then are glad when it melts. A few years later they must forget because quite often I hear them wishing for those little flakes to start falling. I was gonna say, "The grass is greener." But I reckon, "the snow is whiter" is more appropriate.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

Coming soon: More Tales of Harper (an ebook on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment