Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Instant Gratification

I'll bet y'all all know somebody who just can't wait for good things to happen. Like eating the lone cherry out of the fruit cocktail first. Or peaking at Christmas gifts. People on TV make jokes about it like: She stands in front of the microwave and yells, "Hurry, hurry, hurry." Maybelle Smartz came in the library checked out a book and before she left the counter she leafed to the last couple of pages and read the outcome. When she saw how I was looking at her she said, "Well, I gotta see if I like the way it turns out before I spend time reading it. Don't you ever want to know who done it before you read a mystery?" I told her, "No, not since I looked ahead in my dictionary and discovered the zebra did it. That just ruined the whole book for me."



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle
Coming soon: More Tales of Harper (an ebook on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment