Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Showing Appreciation

I just got back from an eye checkup. While I was waiting for my eyes to dilate a woman came in the darkened room and struck up a conversation. I never figured out why but a lot of people tell me a lot of things. I guess I know how to look interested or like I can be trusted or something. Anyway, this woman revealed several things about herself in just a few minutes. She enjoyed travel, but not as much as when her husband was living. He came in real handy lifting luggage, getting directions, buying tickets and providing a feeling of security. She said she never appreciated how much he did for her until he was gone. I thought about that as I drove home. Dorothy was surprised when I came into the kitchen where she was sticking a couple of potatoes in the oven and gave her a little peck on the cheek. "I just want you to know how much I appreciate you," I said. Well, I appreciate you too, Harvey Lee," she replied. "Now will you please take out the garbage."



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle
Coming soon: More Tales of Harper (an ebook on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment