Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Planning for Spring

We just got in from a meeting in our side yard with a fellow who was making suggestions about planting for the Spring. The fireplace was a welcomed sight after standing out on such a blustery day. It seems strange to stand out in the cold and plan for things to do in warmer weather, but that's the way it goes. You gotta think ahead. He recommended taking out a couple of trees that are diseased, one with a fungus and one with a kind of beadle.  Dorothy wanted a particular maple, but the tree guy says we live too far south for that particular tree. I told Dorothy she would have to keep getting her syrup at the grocery store. She gave me what I call her courtesy laugh. I requested a fast growing tree. At 81 years old I don't figure I'll enjoy a slow growing variety.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle
Coming soon: More Tales of Harper (an ebook on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment