Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Long Time No See

We went to this Christmas party last night, Dorothy and me. It was held at Margo Muntzer house down on Cross Lake Road. I reckon there were about a hundred people there roaming all over Margo's house. It was good weather so a lot of us stood out on her patio. I could see the lights from our house across the lake and was kinda wishing I could head that way. One of the things that irritate me about parties like this is it brings out the lack of originality of folks. You know how almost everybody you pass on the street says, "Have a good day." Well, last night the number one thing people were saying was: "Long time no see." I bet I heard it twenty times at least. The last straw came when Wendell Maze came up to me and said, "Hey Harvey Lee. Long time no see." I said, " Wendell, I saw you yesterday down at the barbershop." And Wendell came back with, "I know, Harvey Lee. It just that that's what people are saying nowadays."



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

Coming soon: More Tales of Harper (an ebook on Amazon)

No comments:

Post a Comment