Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day After Christmas

You know I heard a fellow say one time that the fires don't burn as bright on the day after Christmas as they do the day before. I reckon I know what he was talking about. But there is one bright spot. Hollis and them got me a big ole television with HD. That's what makes the picture real clear. The big house already had a satellite dish and we got Conroy Dillard to come over and hook it up right. He works down at the hardware store and knows how to do stuff with electricity. So now we watching the Giants play Green Bay. You know we big Eli Manning fans. I met Archie one time when he stopped in to eat at Dorothy's Cafe on his way back to New Orleans. A lot of people stop by Dorothy's on their way up and down I-55. You know I never wanted a giant TV, but I'm glad I got it now. They say wanting stuff is a big part of the fun and I reckon I miss out on that. I don't seem to want nothing till I get it. Hollis got in today from Atlanta. That girl. He said they had a white Christmas (the first one since 1882.) But peoples was able to drive around pretty good. Here we just had a cold rain. Last year it snowed here a bunch. Once even before Christmas. The weather is acting funny these days, but it don't come close to how funny the peoples is acting.
Tomorrow: Who Showed Up for Christmas

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Imus Gough is always in a hurry

No comments:

Post a Comment