Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, December 31, 2010

Learning About England

Like I told y'all I went through the 7 and 1/2 grade in school. And I also told y'all to recognize the difference in being ignorant and being stupid. I ain't learned all I need to learn, but I think I got a lot of common sense. I have a lot to learn about England. One thing I figured out right off the bat. I got what this joke I heard meant from reading them leaflets. The joke was why did the Siamese twins go to England. The answer: So the other one could drive. You see I was ignorant of the idea that those people over there drive on the wrong side of the road. It sure warn't stupid not to know this. Who in his right mind would have guessed such a thing? So I am ahead of the game by reading them leaflets and books what Hollis brung to me. I figure I can learn enough so I won't need to go all the way over there. Hollis says it ain't the same. Going is so much better. Well, I just as soon to have read about how cold it was in Korea and stayed at home by the fire. Something else I learned: Big Ben ain't no clock. It's a bell. You see what I mean. It warn't stupid not to know that. Just a little ignorant.
Tomorrow: Where the Queen Lives (hint, a bunch of places)

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Summer Breez has a warm disposition

No comments:

Post a Comment