Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What Dorothy Give Me for Christmas

I reckon y'all remember about Dorothy and me. We is very good friends. We don't do no cuddling or nothing like that but we do like to sit in the front porch swing and talk. Well, I got Dorothy this real nice bracelet for Christmas. It had all kinds of precious stones in it. They was every color of the rainbow. The man at DealMart down in the next county said it was a great buy. And Dorothy sure did like it. But what she give me beat the band. I didn't never expect to get one of them things, but she got it for me. It's called an iPad and it's like a little screen that you can carry around with you and watch the news or weather or even a movie. Hollis is setting it all up for me. He even loaded on all my CD's so I can listen where ever I am. It's hard to believe all that stuff can be shoved into a little plate like that. I reckon I'll get used to it. If anybody but Dorothy had give it too me I would have took it back, but Dorothy.... Hollis fixed it up so I can watch my favorite movie of all time "Shane" with Alan Ladd. I love Alan Ladd even if he did have to stand on a box for the love scenes. Warn't no love scenes in this movie anyway.
Tomorrow: Settling Down in the Big House

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Wood Knott can't be persuaded

No comments:

Post a Comment