Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, December 2, 2010

More About Australia

I got real interested in Australia after watching Oprah. In case y'all forgot I started watching Oprah with my
third wife Trixie, the one what run off with the tent preacher. And I kinda got in the habit. It's sorta like Trixie is sitting there in the room with me. Even thought the room is now in my cabin instead of the big house where we use to sit every afternoon. I learned a few things on Oprah and got to watching other shows like Discovery and them other teaching channels. Here is some of the stuff I found out.
In Australia the peoples is spread out a lot, only 2 peoples for every what they call sq. kilometer.
Most people, about 85 per cent, live within 50 kilometers of the sea coast. A kilometer is less than a mile.
Down there they call sunglasses sunnies, lipstick lippies, and their wild dogs is dingoes.
They have a big city, Sydney, where the opera house is shaped like a big sea shell or ship's sails or something like that.
The peoples are really friendly and used to say g'day when they'd meet you, but now they just say hi.
And what I really like they is carefree. You can tell because they always saying "No worries." Ain't that good. I think so.
Tomorrow: Some Australian Movies Hollis Brought Me

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Jill Yout is laid back (not one of my best)

No comments:

Post a Comment