Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas

I ain't never had to do much for Christmas. When my wives was alive they done it. And when my kids growed up and didn't come around much it warn't necessary for me to have no tree or nothing. But this year with Doreen back in the fold and some of her kids and grandkids coming I gotta do something. I went out and chopped me down a tree. The ceiling is high in the big house, so I chopped down a big tree. None of my lights worked so I had to buy new ones. Hollis and a couple of Willie's kids helped to decorate. They drug out a lot of the balls and stars and things we had when my kids was young and bought a few new things too. Turned out real pretty. I got my presents wrapped by the store, so they sitting there waiting for all those coming. We send by Fed-Ex the ones to California. I even sent some to Bill's bunch. For Dorothy I got a real pretty bracelet down at Farmer's Jewelry Shoppe. Used to be just plain Shop, but they added the "pe" on the end so now they can charge more.

Harvey Lee will not post again until Sunday night. This might be a good time to go back to the beginning and read all of the posts to date.

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Moore Arliss in indefinite

No comments:

Post a Comment