Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Esther Agnes Arrives

This is what Esther Agnes told Clara Susan:
I got there first. I was always first. Somebody has to look out for those noodle-heads. When I got there I knew right off something was missing. It warn't the yellow school bus what May Margaret drove and the four dead cars with all color Christmas lights all over them was there. Cleveron hung them four years ago and they has been there ever since. I figured it out; it was the dogs. They was usually jumping on me and tearing my stockings. I come in the house and May Margaret was in the kitchen. I asked her where she wanted me to put the rice and gravy and the lime Jell-O with celery and bananas that I do. She said anywhere I could find a place. We'd been having Christmas dinner with May Margaret since mamma's house had that fire. I tried to tell her to take that tree down, but she left it up till that April night when it exploded and greatly damaged her house. It still has that blue stuff covering up the roof on the far side. May Margaret put my Jell-O in the icebox and told me to hang my coat in the hall. We ain't gonna have Christmas at my house because all my stuff is too good to be tore up. I don't even have the missionary group there since somebody spilled Kool-Ade all over my couch. I asked May Margaret where her dogs was and she said Cleveron had took them to church.
Tomorrow: Nativity Dogs

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Weldon Burger is dry and has no taste

No comments:

Post a Comment