Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Harvey Lee Sums Up Last Years' Christmas

Well, all that happened--the stuff at May Margaret's house--last year. During the last twelve months Clara Susan got married. She had two services, one Methodist in Harper and one Catholic in Baton Rouge. Florabelle went to the one here. May Margaret went to the Catholic one and ain't stopped talking about it. Clara Susan decided she wanted to be called just Susan. Of course, her mamma warn't too happy about that and still calls her with two names. I think it's great and if I was younger I would be just called Harvey or maybe Lee. But I ain't gonna worry about that. Susan's husband is named Tony Maroni. Florabelle calls him Tony Macaroni (and not affectionately neither.) She says she ain't never gonna get used to her baby living with a New York Italian Catholic. Cleveron thinks his name really is Macaroni. I told him the other day that his family owned the Macaroni factory where all that stuff is made. Maybe I shouldn't have done it but sometimes you just can't help it. Tony and Susan is coming to Harper for Christmas. I can't wait to hear how that turns out. I went out to May Margaret's the other day and her house looked like a church or something with crosses and little statues with candles in front of them. She's still trying to find a New York recipe for catfish.
Tomorrow: Staying at the Big House

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Jimmy Stolatt is light-fingered. (Thanks Josie)

No comments:

Post a Comment