Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dover

Today me and Hollis taken the train to the town of Dover. It was a tough day for me because of all the climbing and walking, but it was one of the best days since we been here. We got off the train in downtown Dover and Hollis got us a taxi up to Dover Castle. It is way up on a hill. The driver let us out on this road sorta behind the castle and we had to walk around and up a big hill to the gate. Wore me out. When we was inside we saw all kinda things. One was a roman light house cause Dover is right on the sea. We got some food in the castle cafe and it warn't too good. It was the worse eating we had in England. We walked all over that place and saw a lot of things. Then we went to see the white cliffs. They're called the White Cliffs of Dover and they is something to see. You know they had a song about them cliffs a long time ago. I think it was during WWII. From on top of the cliffs on a clear day if you strain real hard and make up your mind to it you can see the country of France. I didn't see it and that was my only chance cause I sure ain't going there. My Uncle Angus what was there during the war told me some things about them folks that makes me want to stay away.
Tomorrow: Rye

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Sawyer Bloomer has shiny shoes

1 comment:

  1. Funny. I signed up to follow your blog. Haven't heard that "down home" speech for a number of years. Flashbacks!

    ReplyDelete