Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Where the Queen Lives

I ain't going, but if I did I wouldn't get in none of them cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side. I mean come on now. But here's the good news. According to some of them leaflets Hollis brung over to me
you don't really have to have a car. They got trains going everywhere and in London they got what they call the tube. It's a underground railroad that will take you close to anyplace you want to go. They got this little map with a different color for each line. They got a bunch of lines. I kinda memorized which lines go to the places a fellow would want to go. You can go to all kinds of places. You can even go right up outside the house where the queen lives. They call it a palace, Buckingham Palace. If I went I would want to go there. But I ain't going. Here's something else. The queen has a bunch of houses. One of the main ones she goes to is in Scotland. I guess she's a little like me. Sometimes I stay in the big house and sometimes I stay down in my fishing cabin. They said the queen's daddy, the former king stuttered just like Mel Tellis. Can't you see how much like Americans they is. But I ain't going.
Tomorrow: Learning More About England

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Lane Walker is a country boy.

1 comment:

  1. If you go, stay out of those cars on the wrong side of the road. Those folks seem to lose their sense of humor when you're coming at em at 60 mph on the wrong side of the road. I made born again Christians out of a bunch of em about 20 years ago. At least I got em prayin for a few seconds.

    ReplyDelete