Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Friday, January 14, 2011

We Arrive in England

We here. The plane ride was pretty good. That Hollis is something else. He got us the good seats up front.
Said he didn't usually get those seats but he wanted me to be rested and not get what he called jet slag. I don't reckon I got it cause I feel pretty good. We had two real good meals on the plane and was waited on hand and foot. We come into a airport called Cat's Wick down south of the city. Hollis had a car waiting for us what took us right to our apartment (they calls it a flat.) I ain't figured that out. They do drive on the wrong side of the road just like I read about and the steering wheel is on the wrong side too. The flat is right across the street from this big store called Herrods. I reckon it was named after that jewish king what treated Jesus so mean. Don't know why. There are two bedrooms, a kitchen, two bathrooms, and a living room/dining room combination. From the living room you can look right across and see what they call the food court of that big store. I know I'm going over there. Hollis said it might be a good idea for me to rest up and we could get a good start tomorrow. I think we going to some museums and such. They got a bunch of 'em here. Hollis went to see his girlfriend. I hope that don't surprise none of y'all.
Tomorrow: Museums and Such

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Thurston Hungar is miserable

1 comment:

  1. I hope you brought a camera and that Hollis knows how to post pictures. You could buy a camera at Harrod's.

    ReplyDelete