Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Museums and Such

Today we went to a bunch of museums and art places. We rode the underground trains to everyone of 'em.
Hollis really knows how to get around. You'd think he'd been here before but he ain't. He said all you got to do is follow the little map and get on the right train. You see they got more than one train what comes through the stations and if you get on the wrong one you may end up in Scotland or some place like that. The museums was all good but you know how good I am at noticing things? Well the number one thing I noticed is when they carved them statues years and years ago nobody much wore any clothes. I didn't never think I would see so many nekked mens and womens in one building. I got real tired of looking at 'em. The thing I liked most was the Egypt stuff. Them peoples had quite a life back then. They buried their kings inside these big tombs called pyramids. The story I heard there is nobody can figure out how they was able to build anything that big and tall back then. How did they get them big rocks up to the top?
One thing I kept looking for in all them art places was welding art like I do. Since this stuff come from all over the world looks like somebody would do it. I would if they asked me.
Tomorrow: A Trip to Oxford

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Willie Bragg. You be he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment