Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, January 24, 2011

Rye

Today was a nervous day for me. Hollis rented a car, you know with the wheel on the wrong side. And we went off driving down the wrong side of the road like they do over there to the town of Rye. Now I may not always notice the same things everybody else notices, but this place was like something in a old pirate movie. I found out while they is 2 miles from the sea now, it used to lap right up on the town limits. Can you believe the sea can move that far? I mean like I walk out one morning and Harper Lake is done down at the county line or something. Well back then this Norman family come over from France (see what I'm telling you about that place) and captured all of England. We got some Van Normans in Harper, I reckon they may be kin to this bunch, but they all good peoples far as I know. We stayed in this hotel that was hundreds of years old and it smelled like it too. The cafe downstairs was real high priced and they had some things that I didn't care for like raw salmon and fish eggs. And they called tomaters ta mah toes. I'm gonna have to say we had a good time though. My room had a secret passageway what went to the kitchen. I didn't have no need to use it. One trip to the kitchen was enough for me.
Tomorrow: I'm 'bout Read to Head Home

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Faye Rowe is ancient

No comments:

Post a Comment