Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Learning More About England

A couple of places caught my eye in them leaflets. One, if I was going to go, I would visit is called Glastonbury. It's a place where Joseph of Arimathea come all the way from the Holy Land to visit. Some people even think that Jesus came with him when Jesus was a boy. I ain't too sure about that. But if you don't remember, Joseph of Arimathea donated his tomb for Jesus' body. He didn't have to donate it but for three days, but he didn't know that. And he was the one in charge of the Holy Grail, you know from the Last Supper. Well they say he brung it all the way to England and to this hill in Glastonbury and when he got there he drove his staff in the ground and the Glastonbury Thorn Tree grew up there. And it's still there. It blooms twice a year, in the spring and around Christmas. They say the queen has it on her Christmas dinner table (a sprig of it anyway.) And they say King Arthur and his queen is buried there. Yep, if I was going I would sure want to see that. But I ain't going.
Tomorrow: Where Queen Victoria Stayed a Lot

Hollis' funny name of the day:
P. N. Payne has a kidney stone

No comments:

Post a Comment