Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, January 10, 2011

Me and Hollis Has a Serious Talk

We snowed in. I mean big time. Can't even get out of the neighborhood. They say on the TV don't get out at all no matter what. And people still doing it. They got big trucks off the side of the big highways and all kind of peoples left their cars right on the road and got out and walked. They crazy over here. Now Hollis and me has had a lot of time to talk and he says he done bought my plane ticket to London and he got a place to stay with two bedrooms and a kitchen and everything. He really wants me to go with him. I said why go over there in the winter and he says it ain't as bad as it is here. But I says it's better in Harper than it is here. He says I need to start doing things so I can spend a little bit of the money I got saved up. I reckon that's right. Don't none of my kids need nothing except maybe Doreen, but she'd just waste it probably. Hollis showed me the temperature in London and it was 7 degrees. Just before I got real upset he said it warn't all that bad they has a different way to tell temperature. And I said they do everything wrong like temperature and driving on the wrong side of the road. And he told me they ain't got miles either. They got kilometers. I ain't going.
Tomorrow: More Pressure

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Y. Knott is an optimist

No comments:

Post a Comment