Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sitting Out on the Lake

We back in Harper. Hollis went back to school today and I just sat out on the lake. It was 61 degrees so my co-cola thermometer said and it was partly cloudy (I could tell that myself.) So I taken my eye pod what Hollis give me and dialed around to my favorite album called "Puccini Without Words" and listened away. If any of y'all interested that's a good way to get into opera, just listening to the music without them singers. I like singing too but it's because I been listening to it all my life. You know with my daddy playing his Victrola in the living room. Of course, like I told y'all my mama were in the kitchen listening to Roy Acuff on her plastic radio. So I got to like both opera and opry. So I'm listening to some Madame Butterfly stuff and watching our osprey swoop around and just as relaxed as I could be, when what to my wandering eyes should appear but Trixie. That's one welcome home I didn't need.
Tomorrow: Trixie Fills Me In

Hollis' funny name of the day:
T. Doff is very angry

No comments:

Post a Comment