Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, January 3, 2011

Where Queen Victoria Stayed a Lot

Another place I would go if I went to England is the Isle of Wight. This is where Queen Victoria spent a lot of time especially after her husband Albert died. I think he had typhoid. Don't seem like the kind of disease a prince would get. He warn't nothing but a prince even though his wife was a queen. Anyway they lived in Osborne House on this island I was talking about. One of the things I read about that was funny: the queen and them went swimming in what they called a swimming machine. It was like a little wagon and they would get in it and horses would walk it into the ocean while they way changing into their swimming outfits. The mens and womens did not get in the same machine. Now these wagon things did not go more'n a few feet out and the water would come up so the person inside could get wet with ocean water. After they soaked enough the horses would pull the machine out and they could redress and come out without anybody seeing them in their swim. Now you can get to the Isle of Wight on a hovercraft, a kind of boat that uses air to lift it just above the sea. I would like to ride on one of them things if I was going.
Tomorrow: Hollis Puts Pressure on His Uncle

Hollis' funny name of the day:
Kris Coe is greasy

No comments:

Post a Comment