Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Monday, July 11, 2011

Losing Bethel

After I got home from Korea and my frostbit feets got better and after I give up on drinking, me and Bethel had a pretty good life. We raised our three children (Bill, Jack, and Doreen) in what I figured were a good way. Ever thing were okay until Bethel come down with cancer. She fought real hard and we thought she were gonna be all right. But we didn't have the modern cancer drugs back then and the disease won out after all. She stayed with me for over a year after we got the bad news from that doctor up in Jackson and I thank God for ever one of them days. After she went to heaven me and the kids done good for a while, but ain't no daddy as good as a mama in keeping things going straight. Y'all can go back to September of 2010 to read about how each of 'em caused me pain and trouble. Jack and Doreen still check in on me from time to time. But I ain't heard from Bill in years. Jack tells me he's a big lawyer in Hollywood. He takes care of movie stars and such. God bless 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment