Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The New Baptist

I growed up a Methodist, but I warn't very good at it. Bethel growed up Baptist and she were a excellent member of that church. When we got married I figured I might as well be what she were. So I joined up and were baptized and ever thing. I mean all the way under the water. Me and Bethel went to church and Sunday School ever Sunday, prayer meeting on Wednesday, and Bible study twice a week. She got me being a real active member until I started in to drinking. I did some other bad stuff what were caused by the beer and whiskey but I don't want to talk about it here. I already told y'all about my life boozing it up last September. It were called: Korea and What It Done to Me. Y'all can look back and read that if you want to.
Any way I reformed and got pretty good again. Like I said back in September I would be real happy if me and Bethel was standing in the Harper Baptist Church sharing a hymn book and singing one of them Baptist songs. The Methodist songs all sound alike to me. I'm just saying....

Hollis' book last read: Paradise Dogs by Man Martin - There was a Fantasyland in Florida before Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment