Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More About Me and the Catholics

Like I told y'all back in September, I started going to the Catholic church when I married Mary Kate. Just seemed like the thing to do. It's a long story but I don't go regular any more, just now and then when the good father pushes me a little bit. One of the things I noticed was how it warn't as different as I had been led to believe. We worship the same God and both go to church on Sunday. The Baptists pass around grape juice and little crackers and call it The Lord's Supper. The Catholics make you walk down front and call it communion, but it's pretty much the same thing. They both believe you should live a life away from sin. The main difference is the Baptists don't have no statues or robes (except for choir robes.) Some peoples around here was all over me when I switched over, but they was still my friends. After Mary Kate were hit by that streetcar I kept on going to her church for a while, but I kinda drifted away as time wore on. Dorothy are a Methodist. I may start going to that church one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment