Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Me and Mary Kate

I told all this back in September, but I wanted to say more about my second wife, Mary Kate. I were having a hard time with the kids after I lost Bethel. I ain't too proud to tell you I warn't the best daddy in the world, but I did try real hard. Doreen were just in grade school and I noticed a woman who worked at the cafeteria in her school (when they had father/daughter day.) Her name were Mary Kate. I kinda made a habit of dropping by the school to bring Doreen things I claimed she forgot, like a banana out of her lunch and such. But it were really to get a look at Mary Kate. She warn't as pretty as Bethel and were really a little on the large side. I reckon from working around all that food. I were surprised I never knew much about her and her family since Harper is such a small town. Before you knowed it we was going to the picture show together and even out for hamburgers and stuff. Then I found out she were a Catholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment