Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sent Off to Korea

It warn't too long after me and Bethel was married that I got sent to Korea. I can't exactly remember why we was there. I know them communists was trying to take over the south part of the country, but I never were real sure why we was involved. One of the worst parts of fighting in Korea were the cold weather. Me and some other boys from the South just warn't use to it. After less than a year I were sent home. Not from a bullet or mine injury, but from frostbite. One of my feets is still a little black and blue looking and for a while they way talking about cutting it off. I did a lot of praying and I reckon a lot of other peoples did too 'cause it got to getting better when I were in that San Francisco hospital. Now here's something real important to my life. About eight months after I left Harper, Bethel gave me a baby boy. His name were William, but we called him Bill. I talked more about Bill and my other kids back in September if you want to look it up. So my homecoming were a real special event; getting back to Bethel and also a new son.

No comments:

Post a Comment