Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Merijoan's Promise

Merijoan pulled into the French Quarter about 9:30 AM and spent twenty minutes parallel parking down the street from where she had been told her youngest son was living. His apartment was above the House of Oysters. She took the stairs and knocked loudly on the purple door. After ten minutes of banging, the door opened as far as the security chain would allow and she saw the, as Merijoan described them, Maybelline eyes of her prospective disciple peeking out. "Yes," said Tanya. "I'm Bill Joe's mamma and I got something for y'all," said Merijoan. "Come on in," said Tanya. When Merijoan was telling us about this she used some pretty descriptive language. I'll try to remember it.
She said, "There stood this harlot looking creature in a skimpy night gown with the top part of her body kinda leaking out. Her hair was big and looked like it had been through a thunderstorm. All her nails were painted black and some of her makeup had wore off on one side. I reckon she left it on her pillow. I have to tell y'all she was a shapely little thing and I could see where a good hot bath and a trip to my beauty parlor could made her into Harper material."
Then Marijoan opened up her Bible and started in on her conversion attempt. She reported to us that Tanya looked like she was being confronted by a rapist. When Marijoan finished. She said, "I got me a room down the street at this bed and breakfast and I will be back everyday until you see the light. That's a promise." Tanya said she wouldn't have it and she would get Bill Joe to stop her from her harassment. "Well, honey, you can try. But I better warn you them boy's really love their mamma."
Tomorrow: Bill Joe Chimes In

No comments:

Post a Comment