Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Selling Salt

I can't figure out if some people are just fantastic at selling stuff. Or if some people are just stupid enough to buy what they are selling. Back when I was a young'n I got a job bagging groceries at E.Q. Dunwiggle's grocery store. My first day at work I noticed how much salt he had on his shelves. I said, "Mr. E.Q., you sure got a lot of salt here." He said that's nothing boy and took me back in his store room which was filled to the brim with salt. Then he took me down to the basement and there too was salt floor to ceiling. I said, "Gee whiz, you sure sell a lot of salt." And he replied, "No, son, not too much but that guy that sells me salt sure sells a lot of salt." I would like to think people are smarter today, but all you got to do in watch the news to see that ain't so.

No comments:

Post a Comment