Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Music in the Air

Yesterday, I was talking about Uncle Silas (he's really not my uncle, we just call him that) and his unique ability to hear a song once and then play it on his upright piano. I mean not just the basic tune but all the frills that go with it. After he finished playing that Tchaikovsky piece, I asked him what about the parts that the orchestra plays while the guy is banging on the piano. Uncle Harvey says he can hear the orchestra while he plays and said, "You can't hear that while I'm playing?" When I said no he told me he hears music all day long. Everywhere he goes there is music. He calls it music in the air. "Can't you hear that?" "No," said I. Uncle Harvey looked me up and down then sighed, "It must be hell going through life without a soundtrack."

1 comment:

  1. "Everywhere he goes there is music. He calls it music in the air." I love that thought. I wish I heard music. My daughter can read music and pick up things so easily. With me trying to play an instrument has always been painful.

    ReplyDelete