Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Adjustment of Karl Buck's Wife

I haven't said a lot about Karl Buck's wife because she was not a Harper resident for very long. Now that she's not among us I will not be as kind as if she were a permanent citizen. I know that's not a good quality in me but that's how this is gonna come out. A lot of bad things were said about Mayjean, that was her name. At least that was the name she used while she was here. I won't get into what her life was like before Karl Buck other than to say I am confident she knew about the fine detail of several ceilings in the French Quarter. The girls and their husbands lived only a few yards from each other and Merijoan had a nice sidewalk installed between their homes. She figured they should have easy access to visits to keep them from backsliding. Tanya took to Harper pretty good, but Mayjean not so much. She once told Tanya she did not understand why she fell in with her mother-in-law so well. And Tanya told her that Merijoan was the only real mother she had ever known.
Tomorrow: The Jury is Still Out

No comments:

Post a Comment