Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sarcasm

I was born sarcastic and I've been sarcastic ever since. Most people around here have no idea I am being sarcastic and that should take some of the fun out of it, but it don't. Dorothy gets my sarcasm and I use it sparingly around her. Once back in my teen years a girl told me she would love me forever and ever. When I told her forever would be long enough she took offense. Forever stopped right there in the back seat of my '39 Chevrolet. I told another girl she was so ugly she was cute and she took it as a high complement and followed me around for weeks. Some of my sarcastic remarks that went unnoticed:
"Your singing is only slightly offensive."
"Most fat girls sweat more."
"I would get drunk drinking champaign out of your slipper."
"I think overweight girls are cute and you are among the cutest."
"I am confident you have delusions of adequacy."
"Keep striving and one day you will be adequate."
"Your piano playing is not nearly as bad as it sounds."
"You carry your warts well."
There's more but I won't bore you with those now. You would think that I would give up on sarcasm when so few people get it. Dorothy told me yesterday that I thought my ability to produce humor was vast, but in reality it was only half vast. I got it but I couldn't be offended. If I was I would have to consider dropping all my sarcasm and I ain't gonna do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment