Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Another Wedding

We are packing for another wedding trip. This one is in St. Louis. This year we have been to weddings in Highlands, Charlotte, Ft. Worth and now to St. Louis. We have another in November in Watercolor, Fl. Packing is harder this time because we are working around the floor refinishers Dorothy has commissioned to do the downstairs at our house. Seems I always forget something when I go on one of these wedding trips. My wife is on it this year, she has made me a checklist and I am trying my best to follow it. I told her thank you and she said, "You're welcome, Harvey Lee, but I'll be honest I'm doing it more for me than for you." A couple of years ago I forgot my tux shirt and Dorothy had to go to the ceremony alone. She didn't know many people there and the trip home was a silent one. Maybe the list is more for me after all. Well, gotta get busy.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

1 comment:

  1. Seems like I'm always forgetting to take my camera and then spending the whole vacation fretting about it.

    ReplyDelete