Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Thursday, October 10, 2013

St. Louis Memories

We are off to St. Louis today for that wedding, one of Dorothy's nieces daughters and a boy from San Diego. Last night I saw the Cardinals win in a game against Pittsburg. The Cardinals have always been one of my favorite teams. As a boy I listened to their games on the radio and once my Uncle Bertram took me and a friend up to Missouri to watch a game in person. It was played at Sportsman Park (I think that was the name) and luckily Dizzy Dean was pitching. Unfortunately he was pitching for the Chicago Cubs. Since he was a big part of the Cardinals and their winning ways back in the thirties he was greeted with a mixture of cheers and jeers. I was only nine years old but I will never forget the thrill of seeing right in front of me the heros of my radio viewing. One of the things I hope to do, if we have time, is drive by the old spot where the stadium stood. Nostalgia, doncha know.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

1 comment:

  1. I never had much of a feel for baseball nostalgia, but I sure am stunned to see what baseball memorabilia sells for.

    ReplyDelete