Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Fixed at Last

Sorry to be so late with today's post. My cable went out yesterday right after I pushed the publish button. I hope it wasn't something I said. Anyway, we have had five different people from the cable company out and just a few minutes ago the last guy hit the right combination and got things working again. He was telling me that the more advanced the system is the harder it is to keep things going. Those old telephone lines running under ground and overhead work under all kinds of conditions. The new fiber optic cable can crash and when it does it is harder to repair. The price we pay for progress. Now my TV, internet, and home phone are all working. The TV came on with a commercial on the screen, my first email was promoting a drug for men only, and the initial phone call was from a group soliciting money for what they termed a real good cause. We are back in business.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment