Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Excuses

We all make 'em, excuses that is. Just turn on the TV and you see people blaming everyone but themselves for dropped balls or failed policy. I once heard a guy say I would have made a great quarterback if there were taller ends on the team. And a woman who said I would have won the Miss Harper contest if I had not sat on that wicker chair right before the swimsuit competition. I reckon it would be all right if excuses actually helped the person to feel better about their deficit, but I don't reckon they do.

Mark Twain, a guy whose works I like to read, said, "There isn't a Parallel of Latitude but thinks it would have been the Equator if it had had its rights." 
Read more at http://quotes.dictionary.com/there_isnt_a_parallel_of_latitude_but_thinks#5gZgOTKcGFbFF7xe.99
I left the reference in for those who would like to read more Mark Twain quotes.


Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

1 comment:

  1. “He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

    ReplyDelete