Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Sunday, October 13, 2013

One Car, Two Drivers

We are home. I drove over half the distance home and Dorothy drove all the way. The time I was behind the wheel she was sitting beside me but she might as well be the on doing the driving.
"Aren't you too close to that truck?" "You are driving over the speed limit." "Are you weaving?" "You seem to be sleepy." "Do you want me to drive some more?" "Remember people your age have slower reflexes." "Don't miss your turn, it's coming up in twenty miles."

When Dorothy was behind the wheel I came real close to giving her a dose of her own medicine. But I realized it wouldn't be a good thing to do. She would learn nothing from it and I would be in the doghouse for doing it. Like I said we made it home safe and sound. Dorothy believes (she told me so) she should get credit for being so diligent and watching out for me. I agreed with her thinking all the time we made it home because I am a very tolerant and forgiving man.

I still love her though. A lot!




Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle 

1 comment:

  1. I guess it shows that you can be a designated driver even if you aren't in the driver's seat.

    ReplyDelete