Harper Lake

Harper Lake

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Nausea

I'm kinda the opposite of Elwood Driftwood, a fellow who lived down the hill from us. He was always complaining about being real sick. I reckon he was since he was only eighty-six when he died last year. I don't like to complain about illness but in the way of an excuse for not coming up with something to write today, I decided to fill y'all in on my little illness (24 hour flu.) I think I caught it from Dorothy who caught it from one of her niece's kids we kept while her parents went to the New Orleans Saints football game Sunday. Little Amanda had the throw-ups. She didn't start feeling bad until her parents were settled in their seats at the game so I can't blame them. Anyway for the last 28 hours I have felt pretty bad and I am just now getting back to my old self. I reckon what I got was the 29 hour flu. Anyway I'm heading back to my chair to stare at the ceiling a few more hours.



Tales of Harper, short stories and poems about the fictional town of Harper, Mississippi is available on Amazon Kindle

1 comment:

  1. 1) flu lasts more than 24 hrs
    2) when you're sick, call your doctor and let him tell you what to do.
    3) Elwood should have called too.

    ReplyDelete